Go to: Just Slow Cooking Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
2 pounds lean pork butt
1 green pepper
4 cloves garlic minced
1 sm can green chiles -- diced
2 jalapenos -- sliced
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon red chili peppers -- dried
2 teaspoons sage
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
black pepper (optional)
1/2 cup Mexican beer (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Coarsely chop and sauté the onion and green pepper in olive oil with the garlic. Throw into the slow cooker.
2. Also throw in the green chiles. Depending on your propensity for spicy food, you may add from 1-3 jalapenos. Then, throw the tomatillos in the pot.
3. Trim off all the excess fat you can from the pork, cut into cubes, and brown in the pan that you sautéed the onion, etc. in. Put into the pot.
4. Now, the seasoning mixture. I prefer to grind up the spices in my mortar, perhaps with some black pepper. I almost never put salt in anything, so I probably wouldn't here either, but you may want to. I probably would add a dash of beer for obscure reasons.
5. This slow cookers all day, or could be simmered for probably about 2 hours.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.